When invited to a party, your first thought (after “what shall I wear”) is probably, “What should I bring?”
Remember it really is the thought that counts. The gift doesn’t have to be expensive or elaborate, if you want to make an impression, give it some thought. Be creative!
Here are a few gift ideas and tips that might help get you started:
- Give them a gift that they can use at their next party. Things like cocktail napkins, wine charms, or a party game will come in handy the next time they invite people over.
- Put the dry ingredients for your favorite savory soup into a mason jar. Add a festive ribbon at the top (and be sure to include recipe!)
- There are some great coffee mugs nowadays. Pick up some hot chocolate and arrange in a pretty mug. Add a chocolate spoon and a ribbon and you’re set!
- A spin on the hot chocolate: In a large mug, put a couple packets of hot apple cider mix, wrap it up in a festive cloth napkin and tie two cinnamon sticks to it.
- Measuring spoons, on their own, are not festive, but they do tend to be the first kitchen utensil to disappear. I once received this gift and it was very clever: Put some dry spices in a tea towel and tie it up with measuring spoons. Voila!
- A cheese board, with an assortment of gourmet cheeses, makes a very useful (and yummy) gift.
- Put together a plate of homemade cookies wrapped in colorful cellophane, with the cookie recipe attached with a pretty ribbon.
- A homemade quick bread makes a very thoughtful gift.
- Pick up a bag of specialty teas and wrap it up with this a unique tea canister. I found this one online and it’s just beautiful (and inexpensive!)
- Make your own fruit infused vinegar and decant in a pretty bottle. Go here for the recipe.
One of the best ways to ensure you are ready for a last minute party invite is to pick up small items throughout the year.
Do you have ideas you’d like to share? Add them in the comments below!